Being one Of the foundation programs within the UMA the Dawah Department. comprising Of both brothers and sisters’ teams was established with the vision to serve the community. To accomplish our religious duties of spreading the message of Allah and the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) within the Australian community to both Muslims and Non-Muslims, we aim to always expand. upskill and fill as many gaps as possible within the community’s needs.
Sydney Muslim Youth
- SMY program offers a fun, exciting and spiritual environment where the youth get to enjoy being around young Muslims in an Islamic environment. We focus on establishing brotherhood/sisterhood, mentoring and producing Muslims who prioritise Islam.
- The SMY is a competitive program offering various engaging activities whereby the youth are divided into teams competing for the title of season champions. Some of these activities include mentoring halaqa, sports, PlayStation, arcade games and more.
- The boys program caters for youth aged between 12-14 while the girls program focuses youth aged 10-16
- Holiday programs and youth camps and just some of the additional activities offered in SMY
Youth in Focus
- YIF was established to cater for the needs of boys aged 15-21 years. We recognised that young Muslims living through their teenage years are faced with many challenges and are exposed to much of the world.
- YIF aims to be a platform where young Muslim boys can socialise in an Islamic, relaxed & comfortable environment and share their concerns with the mentors and one another.
- Offering activities including sports, arcade games, food and more, establishing a safe haven for young Muslims for support and advice is the core of YIF.
We offer various sporting competitions throughout the year to attract brothers to the UMA Centre and an Islamic environment. The sports include soccer, basketball and oz-tag with competitions for both youth and adults.
- 9-11yrs Youth Program